Jade meeting Levi

Jade meeting Levi

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kaden

I really should be sleeping right now, but I just feel like I need to write down some of the thoughts that have occupied my head the last couples of weeks.

My sister Amber explained it perfectly:
"The main trial in our life has been the passing of my little nephew Kaden. He lived 9 days and touched many, many lives. This experience has made me stronger in my faith and more grateful for my crazy kids and all that I go through with them. I love my family and extended family so much more. (and I didn't think I could love them more than I already did!)"

I feel very blessed to have the Gospel, and to know the Plan of Salvation, and the powers of the Atonement.
I wanted to be there to comfort Sarah and help her through this trying time, but honestly she's been the one lifting me and being such an example of Christ-like love.
Heavenly Father has blessed me with an amazing family, yeah we have had our trials, but we are learning and growing and becoming closer.
Kaden has fulfilled his mission here on earth and I know he is in heaven, silently watching over us. I know he's still my Levi's little buddy, his very own guardian angel! I am so blessed to have my family and I know we will be together for all Eternity.

The night before Kaden passed away I read this quote:
A prophet once said about the loss of his child: "And there too are gathered to my Father’s mansion all my darling lovely ones; not in infantile helplessness, but in all the power and glory and majesty of sanctified spirits! Full of intelligence, of joy and grace, and truth.”
I don't know why, but it was so comforting and reassuring to read this. I know that there is life after this and my dear sister will get to raise her perfect son Kaden one day.

I gave myself a challenge and wanted to do a sketch for Sarah. I choose my favorite picture of him. His little face was so perfect, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do the photo justice. It was a very peaceful experience and I was please with the way it turned out. I dare say it is one of my favorite pieces i've ever done. Thank you for your perfect example Kaden! We love you!








5 comments:

  1. I can see why its your favorite! You did an amazing job and you absolutely did it justice! I know it may seem weird, but I really feel like I love this litte guy! I love looking at all of his pictures and that slide show Sarah posted had me bawling. It was beautiful. What wonderful pictures they were able to get. Your family is such a strong one, even before this I thought that. How lucky you all are to call Kaden yours and to have such a sweet, sweet guardian angel. I am sure he will be there for your Levi as he grows. How amazing. And thanks to you and Sarah for always sharing him with us. I think about them often and really am grateful to have shared a very small part of this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaden is beautiful. Your drawing is stunning! Your family is amazing!! I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to grow from this experience as well. We pray for Sarah's family every morning, meal, and night. We love them and pray for peace, strength, and comfort for all who are suffering his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great sketch. Thank goodness for the gospel to help through such hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle, what a sweet and powerful testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you wrote! Thanks for sharing! And once again, amazing job on the beautiful drawing of that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete