Jade meeting Levi

Jade meeting Levi

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weddings


Jevan's brother Jake got married this past Tuesday. I had the opportunity to make their wedding cake. I've made a dozen cakes before this one, but I have never made my own fondant. I'll tell you what tho, I loved this fondant, so much easier and better tasting then store bought fondant. Here is the finished cake at the reception. I'll have to post pics later of the cute rice crispy layers on the bottom two.


This is just the wedding time of the year for us, my little sister gets married on Sept. 10th. I am also making her cake. Hopefully this baby doesn't come early!

But getting ready for all of these weddings made me remember that I never posted about my anniversary this past June 17th. It's been 4 years for us. I did infact make my own cake, crazy I know. Here are some pics that I actually found today, while packing and organizing. I was thinking I didn't get any of my cake or reception, so glad I was wrong and have these.


Here we are 4 years ago coming out of the Logan temple. I can't believe how the time has flown by. We look a bit different today. Maybe a little older and wiser?






5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! I took those pictures of your cake and that one of you and Jevan coming out of the temple. Sorry the cake pictures aren't a little nicer. If I would have know they would be your only ones I would have tried to so a more professional job.

    That is SUPER rad that you are doing wedding cakes! Dang you're skilled! I am very impressed!! I always knew you were the better artist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, how cute! I love the cake you did for Jevan's brother! I also love the last picture with you and your dad... dad's are so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck Michelle, those cakes are beautiful! I had no idea you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the cakes. Why didn't I have you make mine. I'm dumb. Excited for you guys to move closer to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go girl! I had no idea you make cakes! They're awesome! And so fun looking back at wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete